Sunday, April 10, 2011

Taj Mahal

 On 9 April, 2011 I was able to visit one of the seven wonders of the world, the Taj Mahal. It is a mausoleum built by Shah Jahan, a Mughal emperor, for his favorite wife, Mumtaz Mahal, who died during childbirth with their fourteenth child. It took about twenty years to construct and it is gorgeous. Going through it was one of the most surreal moments of my life. I still can't believe I was there! I am definitely planning on going back. I suppose I can take Spencer with me.




Entering from the East Gate


Looking like a crazy tourist
The blur of visitors

Amazing architecture

Taj Mahal
Is this real life?


Just prior to entering the Taj Mahal

Gorgeous marble work and inlay

Outside wall of the Taj Mahal's entrance

Cool parrot just hanging out

2 comments:

  1. So Cool!!! I'm so jealous! Cute parrot too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Maybe Spencer will build you one. After your 14th child!

    ReplyDelete