Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Transit

Yesterday I was in India melting in the intense heat, ignoring stares that would make your skin crawl. Now here I sit in the Moscow airport with snow on the ground and no one taking a second glance. (Well that last part’s not exactly true. I have turned a few heads. This old married lady still got it.)
Dress, behavior, attitude, and just the overall feel is completely different. Even the differences between Darjeeling (northern mountain town of West Bengal near Nepal) and Visakhapatnam (southern sea port in Andhra Pradesh) are stark. Same country yet worlds apart. I'm excited to see what new wonders Istanbul holds.
Oh what a weird world we live in. I love it!

2 comments:

  1. your lucky to get to experience the different cultures. so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good bye India. I felt like I was kind of there when I read your blogs. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete